About this Apprenticeship
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the Prevention and Inclusion Service which focuses on preventative and inclusive support for children and young people through a range of services including: Youth/Play, Substance Misuse, Early Years, Family Information Service, Community Connectors and engagement, Adaptations and Preventions. There will be in-work support and training whilst completing a Children and young people Level 3 qualification. We would like the successful Along with significant partnership working with organisations such as Health incorporating some of the Welsh Government flagship programmes such as Families First and Flying Start.
Service Area: Prevention and Inclusion Service. AP17
As one of the Cities largest employers, Newport City Council are looking to employ young apprentices who have the right motivation, commitment and values to work in rewarding and fulfilling roles. You will be employed by the Council and spend part of your time working for them whilst also studying to achieve the apprentice qualification. Whilst working, you will receive mentorship and guidance and support through your employment, whilst also supporting release to undertake the qualification element of the apprentice programme.
All Newport City Councils services impact on the residents of Newport and if you want to make a real difference, then please review the roles on offer, speak to the relevant managers if you wish, and don’t hesitate to apply. All the apprenticeships on offer will have an advert overview, generic job description and the qualification specification.
The council also aspire to build a workforce that is representative of the communities they serve and therefore particularly encourage applications from minority ethnic people, LGBTQ+ people and disabled people, as well as care leavers. The council has a number of staff networks which offer peer support to staff from under-represented groups. If you would like to speak to a network member about what it is like working for the council, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Various locations across Newport.
37 hours per week
Monday – Friday
£21,030 per annum
- Administration skills,
- Effective monitoring and evaluation through a range of systems
- Opportunities to gain experience working alongside some of the front line services such as Flying Start, Youth and Play and Families First.
No formal experience required for this apprenticeship, however
- Educated to GCSE Standard including Grades A*-C (or 4-8) in English and Maths.
- ICT/Digital Experience.
- A sound and rationale understanding of the apprenticeship programme being offered will be required.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Welsh Language GCSE grade A-C.
- Knowledge of the Public Sector services.
- Good IT skills
- Willingness to work within a busy motivated team in venues across the City to help provide positive outcomes for children and young people.
You will be contacted by telephone and email throughout the recruitment process, so please ensure you provide us with up-to-date contact details and check your messages regularly.