About this course
The aim of the Marketing Apprenticeship is to provide learners with the skills and knowledge needed to progress into roles within the marketing sector. This Marketing qualification is designed to meet the skills and needs of employers of all sizes across all sectors in Wales.
Whether joining an existing marketing department, or supporting the marketing of your organisation as part of a role in a small, medium business then this Apprenticeship for you.
Those working in roles such as Marketing Assistant, Market Research Assistant or Events Management assistant.
This qualification allows learners to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the marketing sector.
Learners will be required to undertake a mixture of mandatory units and optional units (we will work with you to decide what optional units are relevant to your role, and your business).
Mandatory units include:
- Collect and organise market research data
- Contribute to measuring the marketing response
- Work with other people in a business environment
- Improve own performance in a business environment
When you agree to undertake an Apprenticeship, you may be required to complete Essential Skills qualifications, depending on your previous qualifications, the Apprenticeship level you are completing and your own particular needs.
This qualification will primarily be delivered through 1-to-1 sessions with a member of our delivery team, using a mixture of face-to-face and remote learning sessions.
Upon enrolment, learners are also allocated an assessor. Throughout the qualification, the assessor will visit the learner either at their workplace or remotely (for example, via Microsoft Teams) on a monthly basis, to support progress, observe and set tasks.
Learners are supported and encouraged throughout their qualification to reach their full potential in their chosen industry.
Upon completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship successful learners can progress on to the Level 3 Digital Marketing Apprenticeship.
Further employment opportunities include:
- Marketing Officer
- Advertising Account Executive
- Market Researcher
To start an Apprenticeship in Wales, you need to be:
- aged 16 or over (there is no upper age limit)
- living in Wales
- not in full-time education
- not accessing any other funding from the Welsh Government
You can search and apply for Apprenticeship vacancies here
If you’re looking to undertake an Apprenticeship qualification as a way of upskilling within your current role, you will also need to be:
- employed for a minimum of 16 hours
- supported by your employer to undertake the qualification
- committed to undertaking an average of 4-6 hours of study a month
- working in a role that is relevant to the qualification
- employed for at least 51% of your contracted hours in Wales