Many of us are unaware of the help and support that is available after losing your job through redundancy. One scheme that will support you with retraining, gaining new skills, or kick start a new career is ReAct funding. The £1,500 grant will help you through the retraining process, ACT have loads of fully-funded courses to choose from, that are all available to you!
So, what is the ReAct scheme?
The ReAct scheme, is quite simply a support package that helps people gain new skills, improving their chances of returning to work after redundancy. The package includes a £1,500 grant and support to help remove any barriers for vocational training .
Are you eligible?
You qualify for ReAct support if you:
- Have been made redundant in the last three months.
- Are under a current notice of redundancy with a leave date within the next three months.
- Are a resident in Wales.
- Are not currently undertaking any training, which is funded directly or indirectly by public funds.
What is the application process?
- You must apply for a grant and obtain government approval before starting your training.
- Once your application has been improved you must start within 30 days of the agreed start date.
Additional ReACT support
Under the ReAct Scheme you may also be entitled to help with the following whilst training:
- Travel expenses
- Accommodation costs
- Social equipment expenses
- Childcare costs
ReAct for employers
The ReAct programme also benefits businesses, by providing a wage contribution of up to £3,000 towards the costs of employing an *eligible person for 25 hours a week or more.
Further eligibility information:
Applications must be made before the new recruit starts work and the job must:
- be for at least 16 hours a week
- not be supported by other public or European funds
- be paid at National Minimum Wage (NMW) or above
- be expected to last for at least 12 months
Want to find out more? Get in touch!
If you are an individual, or business interested in the ReAct scheme, ACT is here to help! ACT accepts ReAct funding for many of our commercial courses, from Management to Beauty, we can help you update your skills to return to work.
As the employer, you have the power to choose the most suitable training provider! ACT delivers dynamic training designed to meet the needs of your business!
To find out more or to speak to our Commercial Courses Co-ordinator, call 029 2046 4727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org