About this course
Skills in construction are in high demand, not least because there’s a huge shortage. The UK’s construction industry is desperate to attract young people like you. With so many vacancies, you will find a wide range of exciting jobs just waiting to be filled.
We cover bricklaying, carpentry, and painting and decorating. Learners will benefit from hands-on workshop experience, allowing them to gain skills in technical drawings, laying bricks, and tiling.
This course is part of the Advancement strand:
- Training allowance of up to £60 per week
- Support with travel expenses
- Employability support
- Industry-focused work tasters and placements
- Regular support, advice and guidance to help you make the right choices
- A big boost to your confidence and brighter prospects for the future
Our Enrichment Activities are designed to ensure young people like you, have access to unique opportunities. Taking part in and engaging with charitable organisations and community groups such as Jamie’s Farm is an important part of our enrichment programme.
Our programme will provide you with the opportunity to take part in a variety of extra-curricular activities that will support your learning and will enhance your weekly learner timetable.
- Take part in innovative projects
- Enjoy first-hand experiences
- Engage with employers
- Connect with outside organisations
- Learn from industry specialists
- Attend group trips and outdoor activities
- Give back by volunteering
- Listen and learn from special guest speakers
Bricklayer, Labourer, Carpenter, Plumber plus many more…