About this course
Our Beauty Apprenticeships will provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the Beauty industry.
This Apprenticeship is suitable for individuals employed in a beauty role in a professional salon, such as a Beauty Therapist or Massage Therapist.
Learners will be required to undertake a mixture of mandatory units and optional units (we will work with you to decide what optional units are relevant to your role, and your business).
Core Mandatory Units include:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
General Route Units include:
- Provide body electrical treatments
- Provide facial electrical treatments
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide electrical epilation treatments
When you agree to undertake an Apprenticeship, you may be required to complete Essential Skills qualifications, depending on your previous qualifications, the Apprenticeship level you are completing and your own particular needs.
This qualification will primarily be delivered through 1-to-1 sessions with a member of our delivery team, using a mixture of face-to-face and remote learning sessions.
Upon enrolment, learners are also allocated an assessor. Throughout the qualification, the assessor will visit the learner either at their workplace or remotely (for example, via Microsoft Teams) on a monthly basis, to support progress, observe and set tasks.
Learners are supported and encouraged throughout their qualification to reach their full potential in their chosen industry.
Future employment opportunities include:
- Spa Management
- Senior therapist
- Salon Manager
To start an Apprenticeship in Wales, you need to be:
- aged 16 or over (there is no upper age limit)
- living in Wales
- not in full-time education
- not accessing any other funding from the Welsh Government
You can search and apply for Apprenticeship vacancies here
If you’re looking to undertake an Apprenticeship qualification as a way of upskilling within your current role, you will also need to be:
- employed for a minimum of 16 hours
- supported by your employer to undertake the qualification
- committed to undertaking an average of 4-6 hours of study a month
- working in a role that is relevant to the qualification
- employed for at least 51% of your contracted hours in Wales